Our theme this year is “Hear His Voice” and the theme scripture is
“Out of heaven he made you to hear his voice, that he might instruct you: and on earth he showed you his great fire; and you heard his words out of the middle of the fire.”
God is talking to the nation of Israel as they head toward the Promised Land. He speaks to encourage and reassure His people that He will be with them. God had delivered His people out of the hands of Pharaoh, led them through the Red Sea and into the wilderness, which is dry, barren and unfruitful. Nevertheless, God uses this place to teach them His ways and share His plan for their lives.
The book of Deuteronomy repeats God’s law to His people for a second time. He wants them to hear it again for their actions clearly display a people who have forgotten God’s law. How many times have we forgotten what God said? Too many to count, yet God has placed His Spirit inside of us to remind us what was heard. His grace and mercy continue to follow us time and time again, just so we can “Hear His Voice” and carry out His purpose for our lives.
In Deuteronomy 4:36, the Lord describes how He will speak “out of heaven” so His people will “Hear His Voice” and be given instructions from His heart. His communication is clear and all who will listen understands His plan. However, there will be those who refuse to listen and communicating with God scores low on their priority list. This truly grieves God because He loves fellowship with His own. At times He will use the miraculous and speak “out of the fire”. It is here He seeks our attention, INTENTIONALLY!
My questions to you are: What is God telling you? Are you “Hearing His Voice”? What is your response when you hear Him speak? Are you a “hearer” only or can you listen and respond to God’s voice (James 1:22)? As God’s people, we must identify the sound of His voice and be willing to obey His every command.
When we do what we’re told, we get the opportunity to experience God’s power and the deliverance that comes through the application of His Word.
Today, we need to “Hear His Voice” and God speaks loud and clear through His Word, the Bible. How can our souls be converted and our spirits fed if we forfeit our daily time with Him?
Our monthly March Bible study centered on “Revival” and how a person must display a change of heart and mind if deliverance is going to take place. If we want strongholds to be broken and yokes to be destroyed, we must “Hear His Voice” and allow the Word of God to activate our lives.
Hebrews 4:12 – “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
I have posted one of our March lessons below. ENJOY!
How can we Experience and Maintain Personal REVIVAL?
We looked at synonyms for the word “Revival”: Revitalization, Renewal, Restoration, Recovery, Renovation, Rejuvenate, Rebirth, Regeneration, Replenish, Repair, Refurbish, Restitution and Revamp.
The synonym I prefer is RETURN; Return back to God!
In order for you to “Hear His Voice”, start by following this list and see if you can experience the power of Revival in your life.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal unconfessed sin in your life and then confess them (1 John 1:9).
- Seek forgiveness from all whom you have offended and forgive all who have hurt you. Make restitution where God leads (Ephesians 4:29-32).
- Examine your motives in every word and deed (Colossians 3:17).
- Ask the Lord to search and cleanse your heart daily (1 Chronicles 28:9).
- Praise and give thanks to God continually in all ways, regardless of your circumstance
6.Refuse to obey your carnal (worldly) nature (Galatians 5:16-17).
- Surrender your life to Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord. Develop utter dependence on Him with total submission and humility (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- Study the Word of God (2 Timothy 2:15).
- Meditate on the attributes of God (Psalm 48:9-10; 103:1-8, 11-13).
- Hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6).
- Love God with all of your heart, soul and mind (Matthew 22:37).
- Appropriate the continual fullness and control of the Holy Spirit by faith on the basis of God’s command (Ephesians 5:18) and promise (1 John 5:14-15).
- Read, study, meditate on and memorize God’s holy, inspired, inerrant Word daily
- Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Seek to share Christ daily as a way of life (Acts 1:8).
- Determine to live a holy, godly life of obedience and faith (Romans 5:19).
- Bear the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Begin your time of fasting and praying with an expectant heart (Hebrews 11:6).
Place this list where you can see it and remind yourself what YOU need to “DO” to
“Hear His Voice”!